We don’t really know what a “Lorax Shanker” is but we couldn’t very well use the rhyme “wanker,” could we?
Anyway, we just wanted to make you aware of some excellent press for the agency. Let’s follow this story’s trajectory in seven easy steps:
- Copywriter Jason Bittel sees Mazda/Lorax commercial and says, “Wha?”
- Bittel then writes a branding critique, in rhyme, for our blog
- Mother Jones picks up the story and links to our poem
- The story lingers on the front page of Reddit for two days, mass traffic ensues
- Mother Jones calls to get a quote for a follow-up piece
- For the second time in a week, the clicks keep coming
- Realizing the error of their ways, Universal Studios hires Fitting Group to oversee branding for the sequel, The Lorax 2: Electric Boogaloo
OK, so we’re waiting to sign the papers on #7, but the rest is still pretty swell.